Meet your Pay-Less Supermarket Dietitian
Registered Dietitian, Rosae Calvo, is here to assist you with nutrition education and simple ways to make health smart decisions when shopping. She received her bachelor's degree in Food Science and Human Nutrition at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. With over 1,200 hours of supervised dietetic practice, she has gained experience in working with people, providing wellness advice, and giving community presentations. She completed the Registration Examination for Dietitians and is now happy to help you as Pay-Less' Registered Dietitian.
Whether you're learning to manage a health condition, looking for ways to look out for your family's needs, or just ready to start making healthier choices, you can benefit from our RD's services. A healthy community starts with you!
Health Smart Chagi every Monday
Looking for healthy options you can try making at home? Every Monday our Chagi tables will be sampling some delicious healthy products and recipes. Who knew eating healthy could be so tasty and simple!
Activities: Tours, Food Demos, Special Events
We invite you to participate in our monthly Health Smart activities. Learn healthy shopping tips and practice reading food labels at a store tour. Enjoy taste-testing while learning simple and delicious recipes at a food demonstration. Let health and wellness take root in every season by participating in our special events. Spaces are limited for select activities, so don't forget to sign up below!
Healthy Heroes Summer Program
The Pay-Less EduKitchen is proud to announce our first Healthy Heroes Summer Program to be held every Saturday from July 1st to August 5th. The program details are as followed:
- Every Saturday for five weeks
- 10AM - 2PM
- 8 - 12 year olds
- ONLY 16 seats available (sign your kid(s) up for a slot in our 5 week camp)
- Price: $100 per child
All our classes include:
- Fitness and Health - every class will begin with an energizer activity that will get the students ready for work in the kitchen.
- Kitchen and food safety - Chefs & program leaders will continue to emphasis the importance of safety in the kitchen, good hygiene, and safe food handling practices.
- "Local Produce Highlight" - Every class there will be a lesson about a local produce and the importance of farming and sustainability.
- "Dietitian Spill" - Our Supermarket Dietitian will incorporate a nutritional lesson in every class, so students will learn how to be Healthy Heroes in the community.
- Recipes and skills - our eduKitchen chefs will teach culinary fundamentals skills and allow students to practice while creating fun and healthy dishes together.
Note: You must pay at Dededo Pay-Less in order to secure a spot. If you sign up online your spot will only be held for 24 Hours.
Do you have more questions about nutrition and health? Please feel free to "Ask Rosae" by simply typing your question below.