Recipes » Chicken Chalakiles
- 1 container Achote seeds or powder
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 package boneless chicken breast
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 box cream of wheat
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 1 batch of celery sticks
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 container/box evaporated skim milk
- ½ C. achote water
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 ¼ C. yellow onions (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 lbs. chicken breast
- 5 C. water
- 1 C. cream of wheat
- ½ C. coconut milk
- ½ C. evaporated skim milk
- 4 Stalks celery sticks
- 1 Medium bell pepper to taste
- Salt and black pepper
- Achote water
- Add achote water and chicken breast. Let boil.
- Add 5 cups of water and let boil.
- Add cream of wheat, stirring constantly. Continue to boil for approximately 5 minutes, or until desired thickness.
- Add coconut milk and evaporated skim milk.
- Add celery and bell pepper until desired tenderness.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste and serve.