Recipes » Cooking Tips
- Instead of frying, broil, bake, or grill.
- Instead of cream-based sauces or sugary glazes, flavor foods with vegetable purée, lemon or lime juice, or herb seasonings.
- Remove skin from chicken and turkey before you serve it.
- Look in cookbooks for easy low-fat, low-sugar recipes. When making your usual recipes, cut sugar by 1/2 and fat by 1/3.
Involve the Whole Family
- Pre-teens and teens can wash and cut up fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Younger children can place cut up fruit and vegetables in plastic baggies – school snack ready!
- Place cleaned fruit and vegetables at eye level in the refrigerator.
Brought to you in partnership with the Get Healthy Guam Coalition.